Monday, 14 April 2008

Altered Matchbox


This is an altered matchbox for a swap I'm doing on the DoCrafts Forum. I've been working on it over the last two weeks, as I've had to keep waiting for things to dry, (something I'm not very good at!)
I've painted the matchbox with metallic green and champagne gold acrylic paints. On the outside I've added mesh, craft moss, a few natural fibres, and a leaf which I've made by stamping into clay. I've also added some beads which I've attached with wire. The inside is painted gold and I've added bark, a skeleton leaf, more mesh (I have to get over this obsession with the stuff), more craft moss, a paper flower, a dried pine needle and a frog moulded from clay. I've also added some gloss finish around the frog to resemble water and a few droplets in various places inside the box.

5 comments:

Trudy said...

this is fantastic..

nicks said...

cor blimey this is awesome!

Dawne said...

this is gorgeous wish i was in the swap now xx

PBird said...

This is so gorgeous

Dawn said...

Absolutely stunning ...