I've found with my new heat gun that UTEE is much easier to work with (and there's a lot less waste and mess too, i.e. it doesn't blow away and end up all over the house, in my coffee, down my top and everywhere else), so it's opened up a whole lot of new opportunities. (It looks more shiny too as I don't have to keep addiong more Versamark between the layers to keep it stuck down). Anyway, I've been experimenting the last couple of days and these are some ATCs I came up with. For the top one I've started with a stamped image on an alcohol inked background , then added a mountboard frame which I've painted and added some metallic rub-on to. I then added a single layer of UTEE over the frame and sponged a bit of brown stazon ink around the edges. I've found that the new heat gun has so little blow to it that I can actually leave the UTEE loose and heat it without it blowing away, so I then sprinkled some UTEE inside the frame to cover the stamped image and heated it. There were a few little gaps so I just filled these in with a bit more UTEE adn heated it again. As I'd hoped, the Stazon I'd added on the frame bled into the UTEE to give the frame a distressed appearance, and my picture looks like it has a layer of glass over it.
With the seahorse the mesh is actually inside the UTEE. I started with a black mountboard background which I coloured using Radiant Rain Sprays, (again, the colours are a bit brighter than they appear in the picture as the light was fading a bit when I took it. I haven't yet mastered the art of photographing UTEE with the flash, and am not sure I ever will, LOL). I also coloured the mesh with the Radiant Rain sprays and then stuck it onto the background, quick-dried it with the heat gun because I'm impatient, and added three layers of UTEE over the top, then stamped the image into it with black Stazon.