Sunday 22 June 2008

I Dare You: More Pink and Pretty

Nicks has organised a challenge on the DoCrafts forum entitled "I Dare You", the idea being that you have a group of five people and each person challenges all the others to make something for them. This is what I made for Dee, who challenged me to make her a house using a colour I don't normally use. This was a tough one for me as I use all kinds of colours all the time. Anyway, as I'm definitely not a pink and girly person, light pink was the obvious choice (not to mention that it's just about the only colour that I don't tend to use on a regular basis).
I started with a mountboard base, stuck some patterned papers on it, gave it a light coat of gesso, then painted it using white and pink acrylics. I then stamped some brickwork onto it (although this doesn't show up too much as most of it ended up being covered). I then added some mesh, which I inked slightly with pink and brown. I stamped the music score background onto white card and coloured it using pink and brown inks then tore a piece of handmade paper to go behind it and stuck these on, drawing some stitching around the edges of the paper. Next I stuck on the little girl image and the butterfly wing, and added a bit of Stickles to the wing. I then added the strip below the roof, which is a layer of inked lace, an image of a tape measure which I've also inked and then a layer of white lace with some tiny flower gems at the top. I then cut some flowers from a piece of lace and stuck those on at the bottom, and added the flourish on the roof and the crown which are both grungeboard that I've painted with gesso and inked. Finally I added the paper flowers. The centres are buttons with ribbon tied through, brads and beads.
(I was going to wait until Dee had received this before I put it on my blog, but she wanted to see it.)

5 comments:

Dee said...

I can not wait to see it in the flesh!! It looks fantastic. Dee xx

Viola said...

Wonderful work again, Sian!! So lovely!

Mieke said...

Looks great!!!

Katherine said...

It's so pretty! Think you love pink really. Lol!

Sanja said...

great work!!:-)