The folks at Paperartsy have been running a competition to see what people can do using Paperartsy stamps and lightshades. I decided to enter as I thought it was a fun idea, (although I don't really think I stand much chance of winning.) I spent hours looking for a light shade I could actually stamp on and finally found this wall light for £1.50 in the Ikea sale! It has interchangeable shades so I'll probably have a go at doing some more when I have a bit more time.
I decorated the shade on the back using alcohol inks so that the light would shine through and show up the pattern, then stamped various Paperartsy images on the front and coloured bits of them with Sharpie pens. (The shade is made from a kind of plasticy stuff, so I was a bit limited in what I could do). I also drew rough lines around the edges with a Sharpie pen. Finally I added eyelets, wire, beads and some shrink plastic Paperartsy stamped people at the bottom for the light to shine through.
Unfortunately my photography skills (or complete lack of them) have really let me down with this one and the light looks much better in real life. I have come to the conclusion that taking a photo of a light is virtually impossible. Above you can see one photo with the flash and one without and also a close up of the detail at the bottom. These were the best ones I could get despite taking hundreds of photos with various different camera settings and different lighting!
I've been busy over the weekend working on various other projects but can't post piccies at the moment, firstly because I want some of the bits and pieces to reach their destinations first and secondly because Matt's pinched the camera and taken it to work with him!