Sunday 19 October 2008

Indian Summer


These ATCs are for a swap being hosted by Crafty Vonx on the DoCrafts forum on the theme of "Indian Summer". Each ATC had to include the colours pink, orange and red and some metal. These are not colours I would normally use together, but I enjoyed the challenge.
I used some handmade Indian papers that I'd had hanging around unused from my card making days for the backgrounds. The elephants are embossed on aluminium. I did them using a clipart picture of an Indian elephant as a template and added the rugs and headpieces freehand. I coloured them using alcohol inks. On the one on the left I applied the inks after embossing by dripping them on, adding a bit of blending solution and swiping a piece of felt over. On the one on the right I inked the metal first, then embossed it and sanded over the top to take the colour off on the embossed bits.

2 comments:

Sherry said...

Totally gorgeous - brilliant colours and the elephants are fab!

Joey said...

geeeees sian these are amazing! those colours work so well together with the elephant, i really love them!.x