Monday 27 October 2008

Think Monday Think ATC - Staples


This is my ATC for this week's TMTA. The theme is staples. - some staples must be included somewhere on the ATC. I enjoyed this challenge as I've never used staples on an ATC before.
I created the background for this one using gesso and distress inks and stamped some text onto it. I layered on some text from a book page and some mesh (also coloured with distress inks), then stapled down the side. I distressed the staples, the brad and the metal heart using distress embossing powder and a Sharpie Pen to create the illusion of rust, then added the various elements.
(Sorry for the poor quality picture. I've scanned it so it's a bit blurry in places. I'll try and get a better one tomorrow when I've had time to read the instructions for my new camera!)

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Its gorgeous.

Sandy said...

Wow stunning ATC.
Incredible.

Unknown said...

Great!

Faye said...

Sian, this is so pretty. I love the bird image and the way the staples zigzag down to the heart.

Kreativgeschwafel said...

great atc!

Marina Huisman said...

I love what you have done with this ATC, great use of materials and even a royal bird. Great work, well done.

Mooneybeams said...

I like this one! I'm going to attempt that challenge this evening. . .

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous!! So much detail. I admire your patience, as I'd never be able to distress a staple.

Crafty Critter said...

Wow Sian it's fantastic. Never thought of using staples.

Sanny said...

Gorgeous ATC, I love the distressed staples!!!

Gayle Page-Robak said...

What an excellent card...love all the beautiful elements you have incorporated with this pretty bird.

Nancy B said...

I just love rust so I really like the distressed staples. The bird is so colorful and I love the crown. Great ATC.

Sid said...

Lovely work, great depth !