Tuesday, 12 August 2008

Bits & Bobs Challenge

This is my (rather late) entry for Bobs' Bits & Bobs Challenge on the DoCrafts Forum. Bobs supplied the watch face, sequins, a piece of acetate and a cardboard disc.
I started by inking the background with distress inks, then stamped and embossed thewatch background. I then alcohol inked the piece of acetate, stamped the watch background on it in Stazon and attached it using brads. I triple embossed the cardboard disc with gold embossing powder and stamped the section of watch face into it then stuck it on along with the watch face and sequins.


These are my ATCs for this months swap on the UK Stampers Forum. This month's theme is children.

For the top one I started with an inked background using pale yellow and aqua, inked parts of it through some sequin waste, stamped text in pale yellow and then the swirls in aqua. I then stamped the main image in the middle, masking the lower corners because I didn't want straight edges, and the word love underneath. I stamped the heart on a separate piece of card, inked it in aqua, cut it out and stuck it on. I then added the pieces of mesh at the corners for a bit of texture.
The second one was done in a similar way with the background done using pale yellow and pink, with a bit of brown around the edges to give it a slightly distressed appearance. It doesn't show up in the photo but I also spritzed this one with gold Cosmic Shimmer spray. I then stamped a text and swirly background image in the yellow with bits of pink and a further text stamp at opposite corners using yellow and brown. I stamped the main image in black and then added some gold embossing powder aroud the edges, and finally added a bit of Stickles to the wings to make them stand out.

For the final one, I again started with an inked background, this time in pink and lilac with a bit of darker purple around the edges. I stamped over the background in pale lilac with a lace pattern stamp and then stamped the main image in black. I then coloured some lace using the same inks, added it to two of the corners and added som Paperartsy German Scrap borders. I finally added some layered Prima flowers at the bottom which I attached with a gold brad, and some Stickles on the wings.

Sunday, 3 August 2008

Leaves of Green

These are my ATCs for Cazro's colour swap for this month. August's colour is dark green. I wanted these ATCs to all have something in common but I did them all using different techniques.

For the first one I stamped the image into Makin's clay. I did the background by sticking skeleton leaves on with PVA glue then painted over everything with acrylic paint and rubbed a layer of metallic rub-on over the top.

For the second one, I painted the background black then sprayed Radiant Rain spray onto it. I then added a layer of UTEE, embedded skeleton leaves into the UTEE, added two more layers and stamped the leaf into it in gold ink.

For the third I did a Versamark resist background using Distress Ink and stamped the leaf into Friendly Plastic.

For the final one, I inked the background with Distress Ink, sprayed it with Cosmic Shimmer Spray and stamped the leaves onto the background. I stamped the leaf in the middle into Makin's clay and layered it onto some plasterboard tape coloured with metallic rub-on.

I haven't been very productive over the last couple of weeks due to my son's birthday and getting ready for my holiday on 16th August. I'm hoping to be back to normal from early September!