Monday, 26 October 2009
Friendly Plastic Pendant
I started off by making the frame using ArtEmboss aluminium. I rolled in the edges using a cocktail stick to start me off and make sure they were reasonably straight, and pressed down with an embossing tool to create the indentations. I used acrylic paint to create the slightly aged effect. Then I found some FP scraps, heated them with my heat gun and pressed them into the frame, makign sure there were no gaps. If the FP started to cool too much I just gave it a blast with the heat gun whilst in the frame - this helped it to stick too. Then when I'd filled the frame I added a glaze over the top and left it to dry. I was originally going to solder a jump ring onto the top, but have discovered that soldering doesn't really work with aluminium (or maybe I just need more practice)! Anyway, I settled for punching a tiny hole through the top and adding wire. I added some FP beads and some small seed beads on the wire and twisted it around to make a loop at the top.