Saturday, 31 January 2009

Encaustic Art

These are some encaustic art ATCs I did a few days ago. They're the first ones I've done for a while, so I'm a bit out of practice!

Friday, 30 January 2009

Make a Moo or Two - Vintage Love

I haven't joined in Make a Moo or Two for a while and thought it was about time I did, so these are my Moos for this week's challenge on the theme of vintage love.

Monday, 26 January 2009

Little Houses

I've made these for a mini house swap being hosted by Carol (who's just started a new blog), on the Docrafts forum. They are ATC sized, with the whole house (including the roof) fitting inside the size of an ATC.
For the top one, I stamped text on the background, added some texture using moulding paste which I then stamped into, gave it a coat of gesso and inked over it. Then I added the image, lace, buttons, fibres and paper flowers.

The second one has an inked and stamped background and I've created a collage using various printed images, lace, paper flowers and brads.

The next one was done in much the same way as the second, but using a different colour combination.

Finally I created my last house using pewter acrylic paint which I heated to create some texture then dry brushed it in copper. I stamped the images on tissue paper and stuck them on with Mod Podge. Then I freehand embossed some copper for the roof, painted it with black acrylic and sanded it to give it a distressed appearance, and finally added the copper chain and micro beads to finish it off.

Think Monday Think ATC - Ice Blue

This is my ATC for this week's Think Monday Think ATC, the theme of which is ice blue. I decided to use the colour but do a non-icy ATC, plus the shell stamps were sitting in my drawer unused, which wasn't right!
It's an inked and stamped background, with a bit of Cosmic Shimmer spray which doesn't show up too well in the photo. The rest of it is a collage made from various printed images.

Sunday, 18 January 2009

Number One

This one's for a numbers swap I've joined. I cut the number 1 from mountboard and then covered it with UTEE and various colours of embossing powder and then stamped into it. Then I wrapped wire and beads around it. The background was done using inks and Cosmic Shimmer spray, then rubber stamped, and I added some silver embossing powder around the edges

Playing with Fabric

This is an ATC I made using fabric. I'm still not very good at this, but I keep hoping that one day I'll be able to produce a masterpiece! (Well, there's no harm in dreaming, is there?)

The main image is a gel medium image transfer onto fabric and the background is inked and rubber stamped. I've added ribbon, lace, raffia, a button and a paper flower, and some faux stitching around the edges of the picture using white gel pen (I didn't have the patience for the real thing when I made this one).

Sunday, 11 January 2009

Metal ATCs

These are some ATCs I've made for the monthly swap on UK Stampers. This month's theme is metal. The top one is stamped and embossed on alcohol inked copper and the background was done using acrylic paints and stamping.

The middle one is stamped and embossed on alcohol inked aluminium and the background is inked and stamped.

The bottom one was done by alcohol inking a piece of aluminium, stamping the image onto it using archival ink and then wiping over it with a damp baby wipe to
take off the archival ink and leave the negative image. The background is inked and stamped.

Saturday, 10 January 2009


These are some ATCs I've made for Cazro's monthly colour swap. This month's theme is tartan. I'm not a fan of tartan, but I've joined the swap every month since it started and I'm not about to stop now! I stamped and embossed the backgrounds on these. I cut the hearts from mountboard and covered them with tartan paper, then added three layers of UTEE and stamped the swirls into it. I don't often use printed papers as I prefer to make my own backgrounds, but I thought I might struggle with tartan without!

Next month's theme is hot pink, and I don't DO pink (although if you look back through my blog you might not believe me)!

Sunday, 4 January 2009

...and Some More

The background on this one was done using distress inks and Cosmic Shimmer Spray so it's nice and shiny, although this doesn't show up in the picture. I've stamped three layers over it and added some brads.