Tuesday 27 September 2016

An Easel Card

This is another family birthday card, this time for my mum. Myself, my dad, brother and mum all have  birthdays in September, so it was always a busy (and expensive) month in our house when I was growing up.  Actually, it's still an expensive month!  Thankfully my boys' birthdays are a bit more spread out (although the months coincide with two of my nephews).

This was my first ever attempt at an easel card.  The image is a digi stamp by Julia Spiri, and I  coloured it using Polychromos pencils.
I also used a variety of die cut flowers and butterflies on this.  The flower dies are clever.  They cut in strips and then they can be rolled up and the petals spread out.  I got these a while ago and unfortunately can't remember what brand they are.  I am going to have to start keeping bits of packaging!

The printed papers are by First Edition, and I also made a matching box since there was no way this one was going to fit into an envelope.  It's made from a 7 inch pizza style box which my 6 inch card with embellishments fits into nicely on a bed of pink tissue paper. 

No comments: