Saturday 29 October 2016

Christmas Post

I know it's still only October, but since most of my cards take around 2 hours to make (especially where colouring is involved), it's important to start early if I want all of my cards to be handmade.

This card was made using a Barkley stamp by Crafter's Companion, which I stamped onto a die cut circle.  I coloured it with Polychromos pencils (I am liking the pencils a lot more than the markers at the moment).  I hand stitched around the edges of the circle and layered it onto different sized snowflakes so that they stick out around the edges (I did this by drawing around the circle initially and sticking the snowflakes so that they partially overlapped the edges of the circle.   I layered this onto red card and patterned papers and added snowflakes, sparkly gems and pearls at the corners to finish it off.

It doesn't show up well in the picture, but I glittered all of the snowflakes, the snow on top of the post box and the falling snow in the stamped image.  I used Stickles glitter glue for this.  I like it much better than loose glitter because it's a lot less messy.  Whenever I use loose glitter I end up finding bits of it everywhere for weeks, including in my hair and stuck to my arms, legs and face! 

1 comment:

Babs said...

Oh what a adorable image, beautiful snowflake die around your image, a gorgeous designed card.

Happy Crafting
Hugs Babs :)) x