Wednesday 26 October 2016

Happy Halloween

Well, I am still busy with painting and decorating, so even though I have the week off work I have not had much time to make anything.  We are doing the hall and stairs, so it's a bit of a mammoth task.  Five days in and I am finally beginning to stop aching! 

Anyway, I did get a bit of free time this afternoon.  This little lady has been sitting around on a corner of my desk fully coloured and waiting to be made into something for a few weeks now, and I looked at her today and decided she needed to be made into a Halloween card. 

The image is a digi stamp from the Ickyinks collection by Polkadoodles, and her name is Oddella.  I coloured her with Polychromos pencils.  The papers are from the Gorjuss collection by Santoro.  I added some ants and a spider, which are plastic Halloween toys.  The sentiment is printed, and I dripped on some Fired Brick Distress ink, which I think is a really good blood red colour.

I don't tend to make many Halloween cards.  However, my eleven yeard old son is a bit halloween obsessed, so we do tend to do other things - Halloween cupcakes, bat cookies, decorations and costumes complete with face paint (I LOVE doing face paint.  I'm always amazed at how different you can make someone look) - so I will try and find time next week to share some of our creations on here.

No comments: