Monday 24 October 2016

Make My Monday: I Put a Spell on You

I am very excited to announce that as from today I am a member of the design team for the Make My Monday craft challenge blog.  The Theme for this week's challenge is 'I Put a Spell on You' (Halloween), and this is my first DT card.

For someone who has a love of all things macabre, I have a distinct lack of halloweeny things in my craft stash, so I had to get creative for this one.

The image is a stamp by Sweet Pea Stamps, and I coloured her using Polychromos Pencils I carefully cut her out and layered her onto a circle of green card which I stamped with spiderwebs and stitched around the edge in black thread.  The pumpkin paper layered behind is paper that I've had since my very early days of crafting (too many years ago to mention)  It started out as plan white paper with orange pumpkins, but I thought it was boring so I inked it with distress inks in shades of orange and sprayed it with a gold mica spray.  The purple paper behind is from a lovely pad that I was fortunate to be able to pickup at Poundland (I doubt  they were on the shelves for very long), and I have also sprayed that with gold mica spray.  The sentiment is printed, and I inked the background with distress inks and sprayed it with water.  To finish it off, I added a plastic spider and some black lace along the bottom.

Sian.

1 comment:

Robbie said...

Love the colors you used! Very fun card. So glad you will be joining our team!

Robbie