Tuesday 28 March 2017

Cardz 4 Guyz: In the Country

This week's challenge at Cardz 4 Guys is "in the country".  I thought that rather than have a countryside scene on my card I would go for something that you would find in the country.

The  mushrooms are die cut using some fantastic dies from Marianne Designs that I picked up from a craft show I visited recently.  I die cut them and then coloured then with Polychromos pencils.  I die cut a circle and inked it using distress inks, then stuck the mushrooms onto it and layered it onto a slightly larger circle. 

I layered some patterned papers onto the card for my background, and stamped the sentiment onto some more patterned paper. I embellished the card using die cut leaves in different shades of green.  I hope you can join us this week at Cardz 4 Guyz.

Sian.  xx

1 comment:

Jane Willis said...

I fell in love with this card when I spotted it on the DT blog, and am still totally in love with it. I didn't realise the mushroomws were die cuts, they are amazing. So are the leaves - can you recall what dies you used for those? I'm guessing the Crafters Companion set? And the backing papers are wonderful, and your colouring is too - everything about it is perfect for me!
Jane