Thursday 26 October 2017

Cardz 4 Galz: Favourite Flower and why

Good morning.  Today's challenge at Cardz 4 Galz is to create something using your favourite flower and to say why it's your favourite.  My favourite flowers are roses because I love the way they smell.  I grew up in a house with a garden full of rose bushes in all different colours.

The rose on the top right is probably one of my oldest stamps which I bought when I first started card making over twelve years ago.  I can't remember who it's made by!  I stamped the road and coloured it with watercolour paints.

The panel behind was created by stamping in Versamark and embossing with white powder.  Then I painted over the top with watercolours.  When the paint was almost dry I rubbed gently over the top with a tissue to take the paint off the white embossing.

I layered these elements onto pink and white card and some rose patterned paper, and then embellished my card with a pink ribbon and bow and some ribbon roses.  I bought the ribbon roses, but I need to find some time to learn how to make them (there are some good tutorials on Pinterest).

I hope you can join us this week at Cardz 4 Galz.

Sian.  xx

1 comment:

EmmaT said...

Gorgeous card. Emma