Monday 19 February 2018

Make My Monday: Messy Backgrounds

Hi everyone.  Today it's my turn to choose the challenge at Make My Monday.  I have chosen the theme of messy backgrounds mainly because getting messy is something I don't seem to do enough of these days. 

I decided to go with a valentine theme, although I know I'm a few days late with this!  I always think it's really difficult to make valentine's cards for men, so that's what I had in mind when I made this one. 

I created the background using Brushos and water, then added a sprinkling of Wow! embossing powder in Mermaid's Tail, which is a kind of silver, shimmery irridescent powder.

This heart is a Leonie Pujol die cut.  I die cut the heart and the swirls and embossed them with different colours of Wow! embossing powder, then stuck them onto my card.   Finally I added the sentiment "I love us", which is from and Idea-ology pad by Tim Holtz.

I hope you can join us this week at Make My Monday.

Sian. xx

4 comments:

EmmaT said...

WOW that background is amazing, gorgeous card and yes has a masculine feel. I loved this messy background theme. Emma

Basslady said...

teamie, i love this stylish look so much!

hugs and kisses from germany
silvi xoxo

Priya said...

Absolutely stunning background.
Love your card so much.
Love and Hugs,
Priya

meg said...

fantastic messy background and great heart. Meg xx