Friday 20 June 2008

Fabric and Fibres



I'm always in awe of people who can create fantastic textile art, the reason being that I can't do it. I haven't got the foggiest idea where to start. Anyway, I had some bits and pieces hanging around so I decided to create something with them in my own way. The background is lace stuck on mountboard and covered with acrylic paint. The face is made from Makin's clay with gems stuck into it. I then added some fibres behind for the hair. The tile behind the face is also made from Makin's clay, and I've pressed a piece of lace into it and lifted it off for the texture, then layered mesh and fabric behind it and added a strip of the same mesh and fabric at the bottom with some fibres and a paper flower with a gemstone centre.

3 comments:

Lorraine said...

never say cant as you can from your work here and the bluish sort of one to the right..love your moos and the clay faces and wings one..thanks for your comments on my blog

PBird said...

Well i'd say your pretty good at it! This is really lovely, pretty and funky all rolled into one ... impressed!

Katherine said...

See, you can do it!