For the second one, I started by inking the background in olive green, gradually getting lighter towards the middle. I then masked off a section in the middle and inked around the edges in brown. I stamped the background over that in olive green and then stamped the main image in black. Then I stamped the main image on a separate piece of card in olive green, coloured it olive green to match the main background, cut out the butterfly and stuck it on. Finally I added a couple of flowers to this one too.
Tuesday, 10 June 2008
Men ATCs and Some Experiments with Stamping and Layers
I've joined a men themed ATC swap so decided to experiment with some stamping and layers, as I think some of my stamping looks a bit boring. The top one was the most complicated. I started by stamping the text background in blue and then added some torn pieces of book pages over the top. Next I painted a thin layer of gesso over the top of that as I didn't want the text to show too much through the main image. I then inked over the top using blue and brown inks and stamped the main image in brown. To give it a bit more interest, I then stamped the image again in blue on light blue papers, tore bits off and stuck them over the brown image, adding a bit of blue and brown ink to blend them in a bit more. Finally I added the flower at the top because nobody uses flowers with men and I like to be different (well, that and I got some new paper flowers).