Thursday 2 March 2017

Cardz 4 Galz: Name Your Powder (Embossing)

This week's challenge at Cardz 4 Galz is to make a card using embossing powder.

To make this card I started by layering some pink and white card, then adeded some patterned paper.  I stamped the dragonfly image into white card and then inked the background using different pink toned Distress Inks.

I then added some gold accents by going over parts of the stamped image with a Quickie glue pen and sprinklign embossing powder on it, then melting it wiht a heat tool.

I coloured some gold toned vellum on the back with Promarkers in shades of pink and green and then stamped some flowers on it in Versamark ink on both  the  coloured and uncoloured bits, then embossed them using embossing powder in shades of pink and gold.

I shaped the flowers to give them some dimension and then stuck them onto the card.  I added some coordinating gems to the centres.

Finally I stamped the sentiment onto a die cut banner and inked around the edges with Distress Ink.

I used Wow!  enbossing powders in Pearl Gold Sparkle and Rose Mist for this card.

I look foward to seeing everyone's creations at this week's Cardz 4 Galz challenge!

Sian.  xx

1 comment:

Donna Ellis said...

Oh, Sian, this is SO BEAUTIFUL! thanks for sharing your creative process explanation, and for using such gorgeous papers together! I love all your embossed details. Pure loveliness! hugs, de