Wednesday 4 June 2008

Pencil Drawing



I blame Paula for this, er... I mean thank you you Paula for inspiring me to do some pencil drawing for the first time in years! (Seriously, I did enjoy doing it very much). This is pretty much the first pencil drawing I've done since leaving school lots of years ago, so I'm a bit rusty, but I don't think it's too bad. It's ATC size as I'm hoping to swap it with Paula (LOL).

I've drawn it from a photo of a Roman statue of Apollo, but my picture looks much less angelic and more manly than the statue. I think it looks more like David Hasselhoff in his Baywatch days, yeek! Ah well, never mind. At least it looks like a man.

9 comments:

Astrid Maclean said...

AB FAB Sian, it's stunning. Particularly love the way his toga falls, things like that are so tricky, must have taken you ages. It's brilliant!!

Mooneybeams said...

Wow! Fantastic! I was also going to comment on the beauty of your drapery drawing skills, but Asrid beat me to it! x

Dee said...

This is brilliant. Dee x

DF - Heidi said...

rusty my *rse - stunning

PBird said...

I dont mind being blamed one teeny bit :) I really do love it and as soon as i get a minute a skull will be in the making :)

Nicks said...

gawd, is there no end to your talents??

Gunn Marit said...

Hello Sian, this is so fantastic, no doubt that you have a multi talent ! Really alot of stunning art-work you have made since the last time I visited your blogg!

I have given you a circel of friends award in my blogg!!

Have a nice weekend!

MARGARET FIELD said...

BRILLIANT

My name is Cindy said...

So do you think my stick man will be good enough? Fantastic work as always Sian.