Tuesday, 6 October 2009

Experimentation

I've been doing a few more messy, experimental ATCs recently.  I've been kind of neglecting them lately, which is a shame because I think it's probably what I'm best at.  The first one has a background made form stamping and book text, coloured using Distress Ink and spritzed with water.  I've used fusible fibres and a chipboard flower which I've covered with shiny blue UTEE and stamped into it.  The letters are the bottom are coloured with distress ink and I've gone over the top of them with a layer of crackle medium.  The Second one is an experiment in shimmer and shine.  The background is again distress ink which is spritzed with water.  I've stamped on it with Versamark and added mica powders.  (As usual, the shimmer doesn't show up very well in the photo).  I've added some shiny mesh and a butterfly stamped on acetate and glittered on the back using Stickles.  The flower is stamped and embossed in black on black card and painted using pearly watercolours.  The bottom one has an alcohol inked background and the main image is stamped on shrink plastic.
I am also experimenting witht he new text editor, apparently without much success.  More practice needed, I think!

4 comments:

Angenita said...

Nice atc, I like them. Thank you for sharing how you made them, I always enjoy reading some tips and tricks.

Jennie said...

Love the ATC's, and yes I will be demoing grungepaper flowers at HSNW.. do introduce yourself to me :)
Jennie

sam21ski said...

Great set Sian, great to see you experimenting again - Love the vibrant colours xxxx

Femmy said...

great atc's Sian!! love them!