Thursday 27 April 2017

Cardz 4 Galz: Shaped Card

Today's challenge at Cardz 4 Galz is to make a shaped card.  I was excited to do this one, as I made an octagonal card a few weeks ago for another challenge and have been looking forward to making another one ever since.

As the weather has been quite good recently I felt inspired to make a card with a summery theme. The image on this card is a rubber stamp that I got from a craft show a couple of months ago, and this has been my first opportunity to use it.  I coloured the image using Polychromos pencils and then used Glossy Accents on the glass.

I matted and layered the card using pink card and papers from the Paradise Crush Pad by First Edition, which I absolutely love!.  I added some die cut bunting, paper flowers and a sentiment from a Tim Holtz Ideaology pad which I think goes nicely with the cocktail image.

I hope you can join us this week at Cardz 4 Galz.

Sian.  xx

2 comments:

Donna Ellis said...

Beautiful, happy, fun card, Sian! Makes me wish I could go on vacation! I especially like your layers of flowers and papers! hugs, de

EmmaT said...

This makes me think of a tropical fruit punch, love it and the colours used, cheers up a dark wet day. Emma