Monday 16 April 2018

Make My Monday: In the Garden

Good morning.  Today's theme at Make My Monday is In the Garden.  The flowers on my card are stamps by Paperartsy.  I also used a Crafter's Companion stamp for the background script and a mini stencil by Creative expressions for the circles.

I started off by stamping the flowers then painted over them with masking fluid.  I left the masking fluid to dry overnight - a first for me, I think - I HATE having to leave things to dry.

My next step was to create the background.  I started off by blending distress inks then splashed it with water.  I also added some Cosmic Shimmer Pixie Powders.  This time I didn't leave it to dry - I blasted it with a heat gun.

Next I stamped the script in Distress Ink and then added the circles using my stencil and some Distress Oxide ink.  I also added some Distress Oxide around the edges.

I peeled off the masking fluid and then watercoloured the flowers with Distress Inks.  I think I need a bit more practice at this technique because I don't think I managed to get enough depth on the flower petals.  Maybe I'll stick with my pencils!  I am however reasonably pleased with the end result.

I hope you can join us this week at Make My Monday.

Sian.  xx

8 comments:

meg said...

The flowers look wonderful lovely bright sunshine colours against the brilliant background

Priya said...

Th background is just so awsome on your card.
Love it.
Love n Hugs,
Priya

Dawn Phillips said...

Love the striking colours Sian x

Basslady said...

i love your cheerful card, teamie!

hugs and kisses from germany
silvi xoxo

EmmaT said...

Beautiful card and colour, very summery. I love using Pebeo masking fluid/drawing gum as it dries instantly. Emmax

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Sian, loving this card. The flowers and their arrangement is perfect and the background, just brilliant techniques used to make this gorgeous card. Have a great crafty week, Angela xxx

Sue - said...

Love it Sian! The oranges really stand out against the blues.

sweetpea said...

Love the colours, really great design Janet X