Sunday 20 April 2008

Bits & Bobs Challenge


This one's my favourite of Bobs' challenges so far. Bobs supplied a piece of paper tape measure, a piece of corrugated card, a button and a safety pin. I don't do a lot of fabric work but I thought it would look good with these items and decided to give it a go. I've added a piece of linen, which I hand dyed using reinkers and water (I didn't have any proper fabric dye and didn't want to get any when it's something I wouldn't use a lot), silver thread which I've hand stitched around the edges, a bit of ink, and various ribbons and fibres which I've tied through the safety pin and the button.

8 comments:

sam21ski said...

Stunning as ever xxx

For the life of me said...

this is really lovely sian xx

Dawn said...

What lovely cool colours - love the fibres.

Pop over to my blog Sian - You've been tagged!!

Maureen said...

It's good Sian - maureen x

PBird said...

All your new things looks great. AND your hand stitching is too neat by far! Wheres all the knots and hangy bits?? Lol, wundaweb i love xx

Mooneybeams said...

Not your usual style but I like it! Fab stuff

*jean* said...

Very lovely! Your art and blog are beautiful!

My name is Cindy said...

I love it!! I am sooo struggling with this one and this is gorgeous.