Thursday 15 February 2018

Cardz 4 Galz: Rubber Stamping

Good morning. This week's challenge at Cardz 4 Galz is Rubber stamping.  You can use a rubber or acrylic stamp, but no digis please!

I created my card using a stamp by Creative Expressions.  I started by stamping the tree, then masked it off  using masking fluid.  This is great and really easy to use because you can protect part of your work and then just peel it off.

I created my background with Brushos, first spritzing the whole background with water, then sprinkling the Brushos on.  I've made a hole in the top of each of my Brusho pots, which makes them much easier to sprinkle, but if you don't want to do this you can pick a small amount up on a paintbrush and then tap it off. 

Once my background was dry I peeled off the masking fluid and painted the tree using pearlescent watercolours.  I added some Stickles glitter glue around the spirals and some sparkly gems in the centre of each one.  Finally I added gems at the corner and the sentiment "leave a little sparkle wherever you go", which is an Idea-ology pad by Tim Holtz.

I hope you can join the fun this week at Cardz 4 Galz.

Sian. xx

No comments: