Monday 6 January 2020

The Alphabet Challenge: T is for Try Something New


Hi everyone.  Sorry, I'm late posting this.  Friday saw a new challenge at the Alphabet Challenge - T is for Try Something New.  I'm a bit of an experimenter, so there are not many things I haven't tried when it comes to papercrafting. 

I decided to try this alcohol ink technique which involves dripping the inks onto acetate.  I opted for some nice bright colours for maximum impact.

I  stamped the sentiment in Versamark ink and embossed it onto the acetate (make sure you are using laser copier safe acetate if you are dong this, or it will melt).  I inserted the acetate panel with the stamped and embossed sentiment into an aperture card and die cut a circle of the same size in black card and layered it on top.  I also added some card at the back with an aperture of the same size to make it neat.

Finally I layered some patterned paper behind the panel.  I have added pictures both with the patterned paper and without so you can see the impacet of the alcohol ink on a white background as well.  I hope you can join us this week at The Alphabet Challenge.

Sian. xxx

1 comment:

Dawn Phillips said...

Sian, these are awesome. Thanks for joining us at the alphabet challenge. Love Dawn x