Monday 6 October 2008

Alex's Bookmark


These are the front and back views of a bookmark I made for my six year old son. (You can see a bigger picture if you click on them.) I thought he'd like the dancing skeleton, but regretted that idea a bit after it took me two hours!

I made the background using distress inks and Cosmic Shimmer spray. I also stamped cobwebs in Versamark and covered with Cosmic Shimmer Powder but they don't show up very well in the photo. I stamped the writing, the owl and the spider in black Stazon and stamped the skeletons on a separate piece of card and cut them out.

A day later it's a bit bent and crumpled, but still holding out so far! I reckon I'm probably going to have to make a few more of these.

3 comments:

Joey said...

love this sian, i still owe my hubby a bookmark i promised to make! hope the next one doesnt take you s long! worth it though its fab.x

Jan said...

Such a lot of detailed work but SO effective. Lovely!

Trudy said...

i just love these..not showing my girls..cos they would one too