Sunday 12 October 2008

New Stamps!

I spent yesterday at the Happy Stampers North West show at Port Sunlight, where I had a fantastic day, met up with a few people I know from the DoCrafts forum and bought some nice new things.

These ATCs are for this month's swap hosted by Sam on the UK Stampers forum, the theme for which is "newest stamps", and I made them using some of the stamps and other bits and pieces I bought yesterday.

The background on the top one was made using spray inks and then stamped. I added UTEE over the top and stamped the image into the UTEE. (The white bit to the right is just a reflection).
The background of the second one was created using distress inks and Glitz Spritz spray and stamped. The main image was stamped on aluminium (which I'd coloured using alcohol inks) and embossed. I sanded over the top to highlight the image and added touches of colour using a Sharpie pen.
The third one has a stamped and embossed background (black embossing powder on black card, which I would never have thought of doing until I saw it today at the show but love the effect of). The house is stamped and embossed (also black on black) and then painted using interference paints. It has a shiny metallic finish that doesn't show up on the photo. I've cut the house out and stuck it on raised slightly on foam pads. I thought it needed something in the window so I've added a cut out butterfly.

The final one has a background that I created using spray inks and a water spray. I then stamped a background pattern and the borders. The main image is stamped onto a piece of linen which I also coloured using the spray inks. I cut it out and layered it onto the card over a piece of shiny mesh.

4 comments:

Nicks said...

wow they all look fab, lovely stamps!!

Trudy said...

so much talent...love these stamps

WendyK said...

Great set of ATCs Sian, I have those stamps, and love them.

My name is Cindy said...

Fantastic Sian.