Tuesday 7 October 2008

Night Flight

I'm hosting a "see-through" themed ATC swap on the DoCrafts forum and this is one of the ATCs I've made for it. I created the background using distress inks and stamped the writing onto it. I then stamped the dragon and cut out the moon and layered some shiny gold chiffony type fabric behind it. I then added another layer of card behind to keep it in place. I added some Grungeboard flourishes at the corners which I embossed with Cosmic Shimmer embossing powder.

I've shown a scan and a photo here so you can see what it looks like with and without something behind it (although in reality it looks a lot more gold and shiny than it does in either picture).
Oh, and I didn't realise my thumbnail was chipped until I looked at the photo!

9 comments:

Dee said...

This is lovely, the deep red embossing is gorgeous. Dee x

Sherry said...

Look lovely Sian.

I'd love to join your swap too - in fact I've been making a few see through ATCs today in readiness. They're not finished yet though!

Great idea using sheer fabric - I've used acetate.

Sherry said...

Hi Sian,

'You've been tagged'! Details are on my blog.

DF - Heidi said...

omg this is awesome if i find some time i will try very hard to play this swap

Heather Robinson said...

Wow, what a beautiful and very strong piece....love the wonderful red on it. I love the idea of see-through atcs!

Mooneybeams said...

Oh oh oh I love him! Gold and shiny dragons are go!

artisbliss said...

This is impressive. Beautiful.

Sharon said...

AMAZING love the technique Sian very clever..
Sharon x

Viv said...

Awesome!