Sunday 26 October 2008

Metal Madness


It's what I'm suffering from so it's what I've decided to call this ATC. I've bought some proper embossing metal for the first time ever. (Usually I use bits cut out of the bottom of aluminium trays and roasting tins bought from the pound shop!) I'm having a lot of fun with it at the moment.
This is freehand embossing using a fine ball tool on copper. (Basically doodling on metal). I painted over it with black acrylic and then sanded over the top to give it a distressed appearance and added a bit of metallic rub-on. I used a mountboard background and created some texture around the edges using tissue paper and acrylic paint with a bit of metalic rub-on over the top, attached the embossed copper and added eyelets at the corners. I then added some fibres through the eyelets in co-ordinating colours to finish it off.

4 comments:

Crafty Critter said...

WOW WOW WOW, it's amazing. I love it Sian. Fabby atc.

WendyK said...

It's lovely Sian, I love metal art

artisbliss said...

Metal is a lot of fun to work with. This is a really nice piece.

Trudy said...

love it