Monday 18 September 2017

Make My Monday: Autumn Colours

Hello again.  Today I amm sharing my DT card for Make My Monday.  This week's challenge is to use autumn colours.  I have to admit, these are not my favourite colours and I find it quite hard to use them.  I am however pleased with how this one turned out.

I started by making a background using Distress inks and Distress Oxides.  I did this by first applying the Distress Inks on a craft mat and then pressing a piece of Kraft card down on top of the ink.  Then I dried the inks using a heat gun and repeated this step using the Distress Oxide.  I then splashed water onto the card and dried it with a heat gun, repeating this step until I was happy with the effect. 

I dried my card off, then ironed it between two Teflon Sheets to give a flat surface to stamp on.  Then I stamped the flowers in Versamark Ink and embossed them using Wow! black sparkle embossing powder.   The stamps are by Paperartsy and are some of my acquisitions from the Happy Stampers Festival in May (I'm going again in October and still haven't used everything I bought at the last one!)

I painted the stamped flowers with white gesso, then left my card to dry overnight (I hate this step because I'm very impatient).  The next day I coloured the flowers with Polychromos pencils, and layered my stamped image onto brown card and a Kraft 6x6 card blank.

I hope you can join in the fun at Make My Monday.

Sian.  xx

6 comments:

Basslady said...

a fabulous artsy card, teamie!

hugs and kisses from germany
silvi xoxo

Sue - said...

Wow Sian, that is gorgeous! I hate having to wait for things to dry as well, mainly because I haven't got enough room to work on something else while I'm waiting!

Tammy said...

Gorgeous autumn card, so colorful!
Hugs, Tammy

SewPaperPaint said...

This is so beautiful! I am far too impatient to work this process, but I love the result! What great tips for ironing and using gesso before coloring. I will definitely try this! Hugs, Autumn

EmmaT said...

So beautiful, seeing as they aren't your fav colours you've really pulled it off. Emma

sweetpea said...

I love paperartsy stamps. Love your card janet DT