Thursday 28 September 2017

Cardz 4 Galz: Dragonflies

Today is my turn to choose the challenge at Cardz 4 Galz, and I've chosen the theme of dragonflies.

I started off by creating the background of my card, which I made using Distress Oxide inks.  I dabbed the inks onto a craft mat and spritzed with water., then put my paper down onto it, drying with a heat gun and repeating until I was happy with how it looked, then I splashed it with water and dried with the heat gun again several times.  Finally I spritzed it lightly with mica spray for a bit of sparkle.

I layered the background onto pearlescent card and die cut the dragonflies from the same card.  The I die cut them again from vellum and stuck the vellum wings onto the original die cuts, shaped them and added some glitter.  To finish my card I added some gems and pearls and a die cut tag.  I stamped the sentiment on the tag with Versamark ink and embossed it with glitter embossing powder.

I hop you can join this week's challenge at Cardz 4 Galz

Sian.  xx

2 comments:

Donna Ellis said...

Sian, such a beautiful card with those lovely oxide inks and the pretty texture you have achieved. so delightful!
I enjoy watching the dragonflies in our area as they dive bomb flying ants and mosquitoes. They are incredible the way they "stand their ground" and challenge birds. It's always especially enjoyable to walk out my front door, water my plants, and have a dragonfly or two watch me carefully, keeping me company LOL thanks for the delightful inspiration on your card today! hugs, de

Tammy said...

Such a gorgeous card Sian, I love the inky background and the beautiful sparkly dragonflies! Enjoy your weekend.
Tammy x