Sunday 14 February 2010

...and Some Red

These are all for a PIck a Theme swap on ATCs for All.  I started with similar backgrounds for all of them, created using inks, rubber stamping and acrylic paint, and then I did something different with each one.

The fish is painted in acrylic.

The bird and the branches are made using various pieces of printed paper, pieced together and shaded using coloured pencils. I've drawn the various bits using a PITT artist pen and accented with white gel pen.


For the kiss I have done a gel medium image transfer, added a definition from a dictionary and edged with acrylic paints and rubber stamping.
The rooster is done by piecing together pieces of printed paper in a similar way to the bird.  I've added shading using pens and pencil and a dictionary definition.
Finally I have done a zentangle style ATC using PITT artist pen and white gel pen (background as above) and have added a bit of Cosmic Shimmer glitter paint.

4 comments:

sam21ski said...

Stunning set - the red is so vibrant - lovely xxxx

My name is Cindy said...

Really sumptious set of ATCs - I really like the fish, and the transfer is really good - oh what the heck, I love all of them!!

WendyK said...

Fabulous, all of them. Really rich colours.

♥ Beth @ Red Heart Studio© said...

I love love love your red cards!!! They are fabulous!! The rooster and the birdy are my favorites!! Amazing work!!