Sunday 21 May 2017

Some Messy Stamping

One thing I really miss these days is getting messy.  As I work full time in a job where inky hands are frowned upon and I don't have a specific art/craft area, I find it difficult to do messy things.

However, when I went to Happy Stampers at Port Sunlight a couple of weeks ago, I couldn't resist buying some stamps from Visible Image, and in my opinion these HAVE to be done in a messy, inky style.  The background on the top card was done using Distress Inks and Distress Oxide, with the notes stamped in white Stazon, then I stamped the main image and sentiment over the top.
For the bottom card I created the background using Distress Spray Stains and mica sprays, then stamped the fish.  I stamped the jellyfish onto the background then stamped them on white and carefully cut out the bodies.  I coloured the bubbles with white gel pen.

I stamped the sentiment on white card, cut it out and stuck it on, and drew black lines around it to make it stand out.

I had a lot of fun doing these!

Sian.  xx

1 comment:

EmmaT said...

Gorgeous inky creations. I use to have to wear those disposable gloves for inks and then i found a gardeners/messy mens soap that is brilliant at removing even the most stubborn of inks from my hands. Emmax