Monday 22 January 2018

Make My Monday: Fancy Folds


Good morning.  Today's challenge at Make My Monday is fancy folds.  This is something I don't do very often because fancy folds are time consuming, usually involving a lot of cutting and folding.  As someone who works full time, has children and
also does some voluntary work, my craft time is somewhat limited! That said, it's nice to do something a bit difference once in a while, and this was an interesting challenge.  I found a tutorial on Pinterest for a trifold shutter card, and decided to give it a go.  I don't think it's turned out too bad for a first attempt!

This card is actually quite easy to make, using the aforementioned measuring and cutting.  Once I's done the measuring, cutting and folding I layered some pink card and patterned paper onto the various sections of my card and embellished it with die cut flowers and butterflies.  I stamped the sentiment, and finished off my card with a bit of bling.  I'm going to try this again, I think, but with the panels of patterned paper laid out differently as I think you can probably create various different looks with this design.

I hope you can join us this week at Make My Monday.

Sian. xx

3 comments:

Sue - said...

Wow Sian that’s beautiful!

Basslady said...

an eye-catching beauty of a card, teamie!

hugs and kisses from germany
silvi xoxo

EmmaT said...

Gorgeous shutter card, love the colour theme. Worth the effort. Emma