Tuesday 26 March 2019

Cardz 4 Guyz: Get Messy

Hello again.  This morning there's a new challenge at Cardz 4 Guyz.  This week's theme is Get Messy - create your own messy background using paints, inks, stamping or pretty much anything else you can think of.

I created my background using a Gelli Plate and acrylic paints.  For anyone who hasn't used a Gelli Plate or similar, it's very easy to do and a lot of messy fun.  You apply acrylic paints to the gel plate using a brayer and the press various textured items into the plate to take off soe of the paint.  As you apply the acrylic paint thinly it dired quickly and you can apply multiple layers.  I think I did two layers on this one, but I tend to just keep applying more layers until I have a look I'm happy with.

The image I've used on my card is by Dr Digi, and I coloured him with Prismacolor pencils.  The sentiment is from a Tim Holtz ideaology booklet. 

I hope you can join us this week at Cardz 4 Guyz.

Sian.

1 comment:

Dawn Phillips said...

I love this fabulous background Sian. It's an interesting look. Love Dawn x