Saturday 5 July 2008

Red, White and Blue

Unfortunately I haven't got a lot done this week as I've been really busy with other things and have also been really tired with the humid weather. I also can't post some of what I have made because it would spoil the surprise!

These are two ATCs I've made for Cazro's colour swap which is red, white and blue for this month. I'm going to do another but it will have to wait a few days. For the Carnival Mask I started with an acrylic paint background (inspired by Katherine's swirly background that she did on my house). I dripped the paints onto a piece of mountboard and swirled them around with the end of a paintbrush, then I heated them with my heat gun to create some texture. The mask is made from air dry clay and painted in the same colours, with tiny gems for the eyes and fibres for the hair. I painted the word "carnival " onto white card, stuck it on and stuck flower gems at the corners to look like they were holding it on.

For the second one, I started with part of a book page stuck onto card, coloured it using distress inks and then stamped some text on a piece of textured card and also gave that a bit of colour using a distrss ink. Next I added a bit of mesh and lace to the background for a bit of texture and stamped the woman onto a piece of white card, cut her out and stuck her on. Finally I added the other bits and pieces to make it a bit more interesting.

This is not a colour scheme I would normally use so I found these quite difficult!

4 comments:

Joey said...

thankyou for the award sian, i have sent it right back to you as well! stunning atcs here!.thankyou.xxx

MARGARET FIELD said...

Sian i looove the second one, you put so much time and effort into your work and it shows.

xxxxxxx

John Dyhouse said...

These are really fun creations, the colour scheme certainly conveys this for me. Margaret is right your creativity shows thru' your work - John

Sherry said...

Fantastic!