Friday 11 July 2008

HAPPY BIRTHDAY NICKS!!!


It's Nicks' birthday today. (Check out her blog as she's way more talented than I am). Anyway, that means I can now post piccies of the bits and pieces I made for her birthday. The top one I have called an ATC, but I use the term loosely as it's about half an inch thick. I've called it "Captured Angel" and the photos show it closed, with just the door open and completely open. I won't go into how I made it, but needless to say it took HOURS (so I hope you like it Nicks!)

I also made an altered mint tin. (Strange as it may seem, I've never done one of these before). I started by sanding all the paint off - err, I think I'll just paint over it next time - and then coloured the bare metal using alcohol inks. I've added a sun moulded from Friendly Plastic and some accent beads. I wanted to keep the inside simple so it could be used, so I've painted the bottom and added some mesh coloured with a Sharpie pen and some seed beads, which I've embedded in a layer of UTEE. I originally painted the inside of the top as well, but then it wouldn't shut so I had to scrap that idea. I settled on colouring it with alcohol ink and Sharpie pens.

8 comments:

My name is Cindy said...

Nicks is one lucky lady and these are absolutely stunning.
(Now you do know when my birthday is don't you Sian?.....)

Dee said...

They are both super, The angel is fantastic. Dee x

Katherine said...

Oh wow Sian, these are gorgeous!

Mieke said...

WOW, so beautiful,,,LIVE it!!

Sherry said...

Fantastic Sian, the 'ATC' is divine and yes, Nicks is very lucky, bet she just loved these gifts.

PBird said...

These are brilliant! Love the 'atc'.

Nicks said...

Nicks certainly does love it, it will be displayed way after my birthday (in fact I still have last years out.. which inspired my round robin page!!) So you can edit your post and scrub the bit out about me being more talented.. it's a load of rbbish, you constantly inspire me.. you lead I follow!
Thank you Sian xxxx

Anonymous said...

they are even more awesome in the flesh - another wee item that by chance fell into my bag as i left