Sunday 9 November 2008

Black and Another Colour

These are my ATCs for Cazro's December Colour swap on the DoCrafts forum. I've made them a bit early, but I want to send them with the November ones to save on postage costs.

On the top one, I've created the background using green embossing powder on black mountboard. I stamped the image into Makins Clay and painted it black because I didn't have any black clay. I then added metallic rub-ons over the top in green with a little bit of gold. I finished it off by adding some ribbons and a star brad at the bottom.


The middle one was done using a lace stamp with Versamark ink and adding Perfect Pearls powder over the top. The heart was cut from Makin's Clay and texturised using a piece of lace. I painted it black and then added metallic rub-on. I've layered it onto black net and red mesh and have added some more black net and a heart brad at the bottom.

The final one was done by inking the whole background in turquoise, stamping the image in Versamark and embossing it with clear embossing powder. I then inked over it all in black, placed a piece of paper over it and ironed it until all the embossing powder lifted off. I then created the background for the main image by inking it in turquoise and spritzing it with water. I stamped the image in black Stazon, cut it out and stuck it on. I then added a piece of black ribbon and a paper flower at the bottom.









2 comments:

Mooneybeams said...

These are great - I especially love the lace textured one.

And as for dragons - resistance is futile - you know you want one!

Joey said...

Hi Sian, these are brill, I love the texture and the touch of colours with the black.xxx