Saturday 15 November 2008

Round Robin Journal - My Page for Nicks


I am participating in a Round Robin Journal which has been kindly organised by Astrid, details of which can be found here. This is the page I have done for Nicks, on the theme "Instructions for Life". This one really got me thinking!
I started with a mountboard background and coloured it with distress inks and spritzed it with water and Cosmic Shimmer Spray. I stamped the brickwork onto it using brown ink and then the clocks and the phrase at the bottom in black. I stamped the face in the middle firstly straight onto the page so I knew where it would be positioned and then on a separate piece of card and coloured it in yellow and orange inks, (this ties it in with the colour scheme on Nicks' original page). I added streaks of gold metallic rub-on coming out from where the face was going to be positioned to look like sun rays and then stuck the face on. Next I created some words and phrases (some stamped and some handwritten) and inked them in matching colours. I painted some Grungeboard letters with acrylic paints in matching colours and stuck them on around the face, then covered some Grungeboard hearts with orange embossing powder and stamped into them. I then stuck on the hearts and the various words and phrases.

No comments: