Monday 12 September 2016

Long time no see

Well, hello to anyone who's still following me after all this time!  I ended up having to take a long break from art, craft and blogging as I simply didn't have time to do any of it whilst working full time and studying for a degree.  I am pleased to report that I have now finished my degree and have a BSc (Honours) degree in psychology.  I graduated with first class honours, so it seems that the break was worth it!

Anyway, I've been busy making cards.  I don't have the space to do all the messy stuff now that my boys are bigger.  Looking back at my last posts, I think my card making has improved over the last 4 years despite having only been able to do it occasionally until very recently.

I have recently discovered that I really enjoy colouring with pencils, and the images on the cards on this post were coloured with Faber-Castell Polychromos pencils.  If anyone is interested in trying out pencils I would highly recommend them.  They don't break easily, they are easy to blend, and the colours are lovely and vibrant.

The mermaid image to the right is a digi stamp by Julia Spiri. 

This is a Polkadoodles digi stamp from the Winnie in Wonderland Collection.  I really enjoyed colouring the hair in funky colours.

The image on this final card is by Pink Gem Designs.  This is one of my favourite cards from the ones I have made recently.

Now that I am back in the swing of things, I am hoping to be able to enter some challenges again, so if anyone could point me in the direction of some good ones I would be grateful.

I am hoping to be back soon!

Sian. xx

No comments: