Sunday 27 November 2016

Preparing for the New Year

I have made something other than a card!  This is a calendar that I have made using a digi stamp by Dr Digi.  I have coloured it using Polychromos pencils.  I layered my image onto patterned papers (these are by First Edition).  I didn't want this one to be too girly, hence the use of green and blue. I added eyelets at the top and added a loop of chiffon ribbon for hangign it with.  I also added some matching ribbon and a bow across the middle.

I attached the mini calendar at the bottom so that it clightly overlapped the bottom of the main rectangle, and then finally I added some die cut flowers.  I inked the edges of the flowers and curled the petals to make them look more realistic, and added some pearl centres. 

I hope you like it!

I would like to enter my calendar in the following challenges:

Crafty Friends - Blossom (use flowers)
Crafting with Friends - anything goes
PDE Linky Party - anything but a card
C.R.A.F.T Challenges - not a card
Addicted to Stamps and More - anything goes
Critters and Creatures Linky Party - anything goes with a critter.

4 comments:

Sheryl said...

What a sweet image! I love your choice of papers which are suitable for all year - so important on a calendar.
Glad you joined us at CRAFT this week.
Hugs Sheryl DT member xx

Ellibelle said...

What a fun idea! And loving those birds!
Thanks so much for playing along in my Critters and Creatures Linky Party!

Jean said...

Oh well how cute is this, loving the freshness about it. The image is great I wonder what they are saying to each other.

Thanks for joining us over at CRAFT, hope to see you again.
Jean DT xx

Diane Louise J said...

Hello… Thanks for sharing your calendar with us at Crafty Friends Challenge Blog… your calendar is lovely and fits perfectly with our ‘Blossoms’ challenge theme… hope you can join us for our next challenge and good luck in the draw.
[Diane Louise, Team Leader for Crafty Friends Challenge Blog]