Sunday 20 November 2016

Winter Ink

Two in one day today!  I hadn't got inky for a while, so decided to create a card using Distress Inks (and no patterned papers, which is unusual for me!)

I started with a dry embossed background, which I embossed using an embossing folder.  I inked the background using Distress Inks in shades of blue and grey.  For my other layers, the bottom panel was created by heat embossing with a clear, sparkly emossing powder then inking over the top for a resist effect, the strip across the middle was dry embossed, and the sentiment was inked in the same colours as the other layers.

For the main image, I firstly stamped a snowflake pattern in Versamark, inked over the top of it with Distress Inks and spritzed it with water.  I dried the water off using a heat gun.  This gave a subtle snowflake background as the ink stuck more on the Versamark so did not lighten as much with the water.  Sadly this does not show up well on the photo, but you may be able to see it if you double click to see the larger version. 

My next step was to stamp the main image.  This is a stamp by Crafty Individuals and I stamped it with black Memento ink.  I then added some more blue ink to the buildings to give more of a silhouette effect and added some highlighting on the side facing to moon with a white gel pen.  I wanted the moon to look white, so I took some of the ink off by wetting it and then dabbing with a tissue.  I added a bit of gllitter glue to the moon and the larger stars. 

As a final touch I added some glittered die cut snowflakes to my card.

I would like to enter this card in the following challenges:

The Sisterhood of Crafters - up, up and away (anything that flies)
The Crafty Addicts - anything goes/winter blues
Simply Papercraft - anything goes
Crafting with Friends - anything goes
Creative Corner - anything goes

5 comments:

Darlene said...

WOW! What a beautiful creation Sian! Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood’s ‘Up! Up! And Away - Anything that Flies’ challenge and please come back again soon!
Darlene
one of the 'Sistahs'
The Sisterhood of Crafters
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please come for a visit!

Vickie Y said...

Gorgeous Christmas card! Thank you for sharing with us at The Sisterhood of Crafters.

Viv said...

Two lovely cards Sian! I adore White on White - it's perfect for Christmas and your centre snowflake is stunning.
There's no 'winter blues' about the other one either!

Diane said...

Gorgeous, so much beautiful detail! Thank you for joining our challenge at The Sisterhood!
Diane TSH DT

Gale said...

Gorgeous Christmas card. Love the design and detail. Thanks for joining us at The Crafty Addicts and we look forward to seeing your art again soon. Hugs, Gale DT