Sunday 16 November 2008

Makin's Clay Pendant

This is my entry for this month's UK Art Raffle (there's a link on the right). This month's theme is circles - whatever you make must have a circle on it somehere.

I started off with a circle of Makin's Clay which I'd rolled with lace over the top to get the texture. I then made the face using a mould and stuck it on and added some rolled strands of clay for the hair. I made holes at the top and bottom using a fine embossing tool. When it was dry I painted it with black acrylic and added some shimmer using a mixture of Mica Powders and PVA glue.
Finally I added beads which I attached with with wire and some black thonging.

3 comments:

Viv said...

Stunning pendant Sian.

My name is Cindy said...

Wow this is great Sian.

DF - Heidi said...

awesome love it