Sunday 25 May 2008

Fly Away



This is an ATC I made last night using a few techniques I've never tried before. I started off with a piece of mountboard which I painted silver, then stuck a piece of mesh over the top using double-sided tape. I then cut a frame from another piece of mountboard (and I'm saying nothing more about the frame as I've used a banned item and the ATC police will be after me). I made the words out of wire and attached them using brads at the corners of the frame, then stuck the frame down using double sided tape. I then added the torso in the middle. The torso is made from Makin's Clay using a mould. I've covered it with torn up patterned paper stuck on using a mixture of PVA glue and water, added beads and wire around the waist and the wings which are Paperartsy German Scrap.

6 comments:

For the life of me said...

this is gorgeous Sian x

Mooneybeams said...

This is brilliant - I love the wire words - and the banned items add a nice touch, actually ;)

PBird said...

I LOVE it, i really love it. Even if you used the naughty sticky nasties he he :) I have some too but dont tell anyone!! I like your wire word, im very impressed x

Nicks said...

do i spy peel offs???

Katherine said...

Oooh love it!

DF - Heidi said...

OMG this is stunning - nicks you only spied the evil peel offs cos you've got the green eyed monster with you lol - and Paula i think we need to keep an eye on you rofl