Monday 5 May 2008

Textures, a Creepy-Crawly and Stamping on Metal

The spider and the web are made from Friendly Plastic. I've created a textured background by using various textured bits and pieces (eggshell, micro beads, mesh and lace) all stuck on using PVA glue. I've painted over everything but the spider with copper acrylic paint and then dry brushed over the top with three other metallic colours.

The second one is my final ATC for my Stamping With A Twist swap. I've stamped the image on the bottom of an aluminium pie tin coloured with alcohol inks and have then embossed it. The background is made in pretty much the same way as above, but I have added some distress powder. I've also put distress powder on the star brads at the corners to make them look rusty. The metal disc at the bottom right is a piece of rusty metal that I found in the street. I'm not sure what it is, but it looks like some kind of lid (or maybe a robot's nipple?)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is great Sian, Nice to know I'm not the only one that picks things up in the street to use in my crafts LOL.
I love your Blog Sian, and want to add others to my list of links on mine, would it be okay please to put yours on there?.
Hugs Gwen xxx

For the life of me said...

lovely sian xxxxxx

Viv said...

Think these are great Sian. xx

Gabi MeWi said...

I love the spider -looks so great!

Mooneybeams said...

I really love what you've done with the metal one - did you emboss from the back after stamping the front? Looks gorgeous anyway - I even like the spider one (despite my loathing of spiders!)

My name is Cindy said...

Great work - and a good use for all those brads I've got!!

Liz said...

Hi Sian,
I love the way you make the Friendly Plastic really blend in with your other design elements - it just shows how versatile the material is, it does not have to be in-your-face bright and gutsy if you don't want it to be.