Friday 21 June 2019

The Alphabet Challenge: G is for Grunge or Glitz


Good morning.  It's my turn to choose this week's challenge at The Alphabet Challenge.  This week's letter is G, and I have chosen the theme of Grunge or Glitz.  I was originally going to go with just Grunge, but I know it's not for everyone and I didn't want to put people off, so I thought I'd give people a choice of two completely contrasting styles.  It should make things interesting anyway!

I've chosen to go with Grunge.  I created the background of the card using Gelli Plate printing with acrylic paints.  This is a great, fun technique.  I added a layer of stamping using stamps by visible image and mounted my background on black card.

I then stamped the main image and the word "MUSIC" on a contrasting Gelli Plate background.  These stamps are also by Visible Image.  All of the stamping is done in black archival ink, which dries nicely on top of the acrylics.

I hope you can join us this week at The Alphabet Challenge.

Sian. xxx

1 comment:

Dawn Phillips said...

fabulous grunge card. I'm not sure I would know where to start. This is brilliant though. Love Dawn x