Wednesday 5 October 2016

Getting Inky

I don't often get the inks out these days, partly because I craft in a corner of the lounge, and when I make a mess I have to clear it up, and partly because I work full time in the kind of job where inky fingers are frowned upon, so I need to try and confine my inky time to when I know I will have a couple of days for the ink to wash off (it doesn't come off easily, especially when it gets under my nails).

This is a card I made at the weekend.  the stamp I used is by Crafty Individuals.  I created layers by stamping over the image with a snowflake background in Versamark ink and embossing the snowflakes with clear embossing powder, then inking over it with distress inks.  I added a few highlights with white gel pen to make the deer stand out a bit.  I  distressed the edges of the image and the papers with scissors and Distress Inks and added kraft card behind.  The papers used on this card are from the Bobunny Sleigh Ride collection.

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:

Crazy 4 Challenges - Forest Friends
Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge - Anything Goes

3 comments:

Donna Ellis said...

Whoa! So glad you decided to have inky fingers! When your photo popped up my mail dropped open! I intently looked over every corner of your remarkable creation! I hate to say it's merely gorgeous. I have never seen anything quite as artistically put together and imaginatively thoughtful. Thanks for explaining all the techniques and what products were used. Really beautiful and amazing.

Hazel said...

Thanks for entering your lovely crafting for CHNC challenge 301 – you could also enter this into my CHNC challenge extra for October - I'd love to see it there too x

Babs said...

Hi Sian I love what you have created here, great layout, I am not a inky person myself, but that dose not mean to say I don't like things that are inky because I do, love it.

Hugs Babs :))