Sunday 2 October 2016

Blue Christmas

Today I am sharing some more of my Christmas cards.  I have a tendency to use of a lot of traditional christmas colours on my cards (red, green, white), so I have been trying to get out of the rut a bit and use some different colours.  These are some cards I have made using a blue theme.  The top card was made using a digi stamp from Di's Digi Stamps, which I have coloured with Polychromos pencils (my favourite colouring medium at the moment).  I have also used patterned papers.  These are from the Frosty Christmas pad by Lili of the Valley.  I have also added die cut snowflakes.  As it is a Christmas card I have of course also added glitter (I use Stickles glitter glue because it is nice and easy)!
The second card was made using the free snow globe stamp that came with this month's Quick Cards Made Easy magazine.  I decided that I wanted to have a 'working' snow globe, so this is a shaker card.  The deer stamp was also part of the free set that came with the magazine and I coloured it with Polychromos pencils.  I layered the patterned paper onto blue card, then stamped the snow globe onto it.  Then I die cut a circle in the middle of the globe and stuck acetate behind it.  I stamped the background onto a spearate piece of card and coloured it then added double sided sticky foam around the window.  Finally I added some white glitter in the circle created by the foam tape and stuck the background onto it.  I have added some wooden snowflakes to embellish it.  Both the snowflakes and the papers are from Hobbycraft.

By the time Christmas comes around I may actually have managed to make enough cards this year to give everyone handmade ones, which will be nice.

No comments: