Wednesday 12 October 2016

Make My Monday: Photo Inspiration

This week's challenge on Make my Monday is to make something inspired by the photo on the right.  I think the photo is stunningly beautiful, so couldn't resist having a go at this!

The picture below is my creation.  I created the background using distress inks in shades of orange, red and black, with a die cut circle masking the moon.  I then lightly inked over part of the moon to give it a bit more depth.  The cat is a Craft Stamper freebie from a while back, and I can't remember where I got the owl.  I was initally planning to stamp the branches, but I couldn't find a stamp in my stash that was right for this, so I painted them freehand using acrylic.  I added some highlighting to the branches once they were dry using a Sakura Stardust pen, so that it looks like the moonlight is reflecting off them.





































The image is the main focal point, so I decided to keep the rest of the card simple so as not to detract from it.  I layered the image onto black and then white card, and embossed some light red card using an embossing folder to use for the main card background, then layered it onto black card on a white card blank.

I thought that the image looked rather halloweeny, which isn't really what I was looking for with this, but it fits with the time of year, so I'm happy.  I ddin't want it to be a halloween card though, so I added the inspirational quote "life doesn't have to be perfect to be wonderful", which is from the Tim Holtz Idea-ology Small Talk pad.  I think it makes the perfect finishing touch!

I hope you like my creation.

Sian.

2 comments:

Emily Shroom said...

Love this, such a striking looking card!

Shawna said...

OH MY WOW!! this is absolutely fantastic. Your moon is ominous and foretelling frightening nights ahead. Your branches is what impressed me the most. Hand painted!! Holy moly that is talent!! I was saying to myself,'I have to get that stamp!' when the real question really is, 'when can I have you over to craft?'. Fabulous card and thank you so much for joining us at MMM. It has been a pleasure!
Cyber Hugs,
Shawna